Monday, January 12, 2009

Award Season is Here

The Hollywood Foreign Press Association presented the 66th annual Golden Globes last night. The Globes, the biggest award leading up to the Oscars, also covers television shows.

I like to watch award shows because it keeps me in the know, ya know. There are new faces and old favorites too, what movies I need to catch before the Academy Awards, and which really good TV shows I've missed. Then try to find time to watch them.
I swear I've got to see HBO's John Adams, SOON! I love historical drama and with the brilliant Tom Wilkinson as Ben Franklin, this is a must see.



Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin won for best actors and 30 Rock won again for best TV comedy. Congrats to Tracey Morgan and the whole brilliant gang. (Btw, Alec Baldwin does a spot on impression of Tracey Morgan.)



The late Heath Ledger won for his brilliant Joker in The Dark Knight.


Mickey Rourke won for The Wrestler. How 'bout that!
I am so very happy for him! What an outfit, Mickey.


Kate Winslat wins two. Best Actress for Revolutianary Road and Best Supporting Actress for The Reader.


Slumdog Millionaire wins Best Picture with stars Dev Patel and Freida Pinto and Danny Boyle directing the Indian drama. Gotta see this too.

For the complete dish of the Golden Globes from the champion disher, check out my girl Alex's take on the Globes.

No comments: