Monday, April 24, 2006

It's Springtime for Jackie and Chicagoooooo......

I love poetry. I love to read it and write it. Poetry is my life. Yes I love it. My life is a poem. I love springtime too. Birdies, buds, lite balmy breezes, beautiful bods on bikes.

Here is one of Monica and my favorite spring poems, and some springy images.

Spring has sprung
the grass has riz
and I wonder where
the flowers iz




This albino squirrel certainly has enough in the nuts department.




Hummingbird with an eye for a spider.





Dancin' pants in the breeze on the line.


It would not be springtime in Chitown without the eternal Cub hopes.
Of course, they usually end up like these signs. Sigh.

Then, there are the famous Monk Parakeets of Hyde Park in Chicago. These rare birds came only to seven known nesting areas in Illinois one of which is a tree on 53rd Street right off Lake Shore Drive. The tree is in front of the late mayor Harold Washington's apartment. He loved watching them nest and feed from his penthouse balcony. It used to be said that the Mayor's bodygaurds outside on 53rd Street were really there to protect the parakeets. Since his death, The Harold Washington Parakeet Defense Fund protects these birds. The Hyde Park parakeets have since spread their nesting out to other Hyde Park trees and even as far as Grant Park. (www.monkparakeet.com)





A small nest on 53rd near Harold Washington Park.


Looks like these Parakeets get cable.


A parakeet munching on dandelions.
AHHHHHH Springtime...come on summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing better than Sprintime in Chicago. It's the time I miss it the most.

Anonymous said...

Yep Alex, I love the 60's and 70's and even the rain sometimes.
And then summer, the Games, the Movies... woohoo!