Friday, September 07, 2007

Luciano Pavarotti

Back in April, I linked over to Steve Schalchlin for a magnificent collaboration of two of the most soulful men ever to grace a stage. Luciano Pavarotti and James Brown, from totaly different places on the musical genre scale, are perfect examples of what "soul" is all about. They both looked the part too. James Brown looked like "Soul Brother #1" and when you saw Pavarotti, with his sculpted beard and huge majestic presence, he looked every inch like the Worlds Greatest Tenor even before he sang a note. I love to watch this man sing.
Everyone is so surprised by this duet, but these two artists weren't. They understood that they spoke the same language of music and passion.



Alexandra's Video Friday, features Pavarotti today. Go and enjoy the music and the man. Luciano Pavarotti R.I.P.

1 comment:

Dustin said...

I really like this video. They were both such great artists and I love that they sang this song together.