Monday, February 26, 2007

Chicago's Own JHUD!!!!!


Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
Jennifer Hudson wins an OSCAR for her very first movie, playing singer Effie White in Dreamgirls!
Congrats! To our Jennie from the block and to the memory of Florence!
"Oh my God, I have to just take this moment in. I cannot believe this. Look what God can do. I didn't think I was going to win," Hudson said through tears of joy. "If my grandmother was here to see me now. She was my biggest inspiration."


Congrats! To sexy, beautiful, talented Helen Mirren on her first Oscar! It may be the only award on earth she hadn't won.
She went on to credit the woman she played so convincingly in The Queen:
"For 50 years and more Elizabeth Windsor has maintained her dignity, her sense of duty and her hairstyle. ... If it wasn't for her, I most certainly wouldn't be here." Holding up her statue, she said, "Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Queen."


Congrats! To Forrest Whitaker on his Academy Award for Best Actor in the Last King of Scotland. In accepting his Oscar, he spoke of the relevance and importance of his profession.

"Because when I first started acting, it was because of my desire to connect to everyone, to that thing inside of each of us, that light that I believe exists in all of us.
Acting, for me, is believing in that connection, and it's a connection so strong, and it's a connection so deep, that we feel it, and through our combined belief we can create a new reality."

Interpretive shadow dancers formed images of the Best Picture noms with their bodies. It was amazing. Happy Feet

It was a good show. Congrats! To Ellen DeGeneres!


The only thing better than snacks and an award show is Alexandra's award show review. So, I'll have to wait and leave the details to the expert. Be sure to check out her review.

No comments: