Thursday, May 11, 2006

Out Of His Tree


Rolling Stones Guitarist, Keith Richards is in an Auckland, NZ hospital undergoing treatment for a head injury sustained when he fell out of a tree. This is one of those news reports that make you laugh even though it's not funny. Keith Richards falls from a tree. Oh No! giggle giggle...

Well, the definitive question is, what the heck was he doing in a tree? A tree, and a palm tree, not the easiest tree to climb. Does this man look like he should be in a tree? OK..OK, you know what I mean.


Unfortunately, Keith had to have surgery to relieve pressure to his brain from the fall. They had to actually drill holes in his head. (Stop giggling). He has been released from the hospital but will remain in Auckland as an outpatient for a while before rejoining the Stones for the European leg of their current tour. Keith thanked the Auckland staff.
"From the doctors to the beautiful ladies who make painful nights less painful and shorter. I'm pretty much at a loss for words to express my deep gratitude," he said.

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis."
What a guy!



Regardless of the spontaneous giggling, I was a bit upset about this report because I love Keith Richards and the Stones. He is in my opinion the greatest blues based rock rhythm guitarist ever. I love the guitar and play a little and I love his open chord tunings. I have a less than ok ear but Keith's alternative tunings seemed to work in my ear and my head remarkably well. So Keith is my boy, my favorite Stone. My mother has some kind of thing for Mick Jagger, she just loves him, always has. I hope Mick stays out of trees.

No comments: