Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Transgender Awareness

Alexandra Billings has posted a wonderfully informative and fun series of videos and pictures. The info includes a Transgender history timeline. However, I did notice there was an item missing from the timeline.
In 2003, Alexandra Billings in the ABC TV movie, Romy and Michelle-A New Beginning, became the first Transgender female to play a Transgender female on television. And now with subsequent roles she is the most seen Transgender female on TV.

Along with the pictures and videos, Alex's personal comments are gems. She speaks of something I remember her saying to me many years ago - that she does not feel that she was born in the wrong body. At first that confused me. I'd never heard that attitude before. But she explained that she feels she was born Transgender, and there's nothing wrong about it. I got it.
I love that, I understand it, and I believe it.

So please, go learn and enjoy those faces and the diversity, from the brilliant Lynn Conway to the amazing strut of Chili Pepper. Thanks Alex!
Here are just a few of my favorite pics and peeps.


Alexandra and the Grey's Anatomy cast accept GLAAD Award for an outstanding GLBT relevant episode.




Trans rapper Katastrophe





Singer Josh Klipp with dancer and girlfriend Sarah, on the Tyra Banks show.




One of the nicest people I know, Honey West.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww....thanks for posting the picture of Honey. I tried to get her to send me one, but...well, you know how she is.

:-)

Jackie said...

I certainly do sweetie. She's wonderful, that's how she is.

Mes Deux Cents said...

Hi Jackie,

You have been tagged! See my post "I'm it!" for details.